Friday, September 21, 2007

Legacy Hoptimus Prime


Brewer: Legacy
ABV: 9.00%
COLOR: Dark
Aroma: Hoppy
Flavor: Smooth Almost Refreshing
Opinion: Now when I think of Double IPA, I think of very bitter beers, if somebody told me that a Double IPA was one of the most refreshing beers they have ever tasted I would call them crazy, then i had the Hoptimus Prime. I was lucky enough to try this at the Big Pour at Construction Junction, which was a great event, and honestly, of over 150 beers they had there (I most likely sampled 50) this was byfar my personal best in show. When I got to the legacy booth they had two beers 'Brown Aled Girl' and 'Hoptimus Prime,' now I do like IPA's but Brown Ales are one of my favorite beers, but I figured, that is such a cool name, i have to try this beer, so both me and my cohort asked for a hoptimus, and it was probably the best decision I made that day. At first smell, it smelled like any other extremly hoppy beer, but after sampling it I was amazed. Somehow, it retained a strong hop flavor, had a 9% abv, and was refreshing to drink. It is so hard to describe, but I can honestly say, that I could imagine sitting outside anytime of year, it has you covered, refreshing for the hot months, high in alcohol for the cool months...you got a problem...the Hoptimus got you covered...

Oh yeah, they have it on Cask at fatheads too...

No comments: